Page Tabs

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Project 10 Pan: October Edition and a Weigh-In




    I love the Project 10 Pan (P10P) concept - basically you select 10 (or 5, or 20! it's up to you) products and you try to finish it in a certain amount of time. A lot of people tend to hoard, forget or fall out of love with products, and for whatever reason lots of stuff that costed money just sits unused. Contrary to popular belief, this shit has an expiry date! So I'm trying to get more use out of my stash of stuff, and hopefully downsize to make room for more activities.



    Here, I've selected a 50/50 mix of skincare and makeup products to use this month. Actually, one is a hair product, I've just lumped it in as skincare. Usually, people aim for the bottom pan to be visible when using up products, but I've instead done a weigh-in of each product at the beginning of each month and I'll be weighing them again at the end to check for progress instead of relying on visual clues to track my progress. Since I'm weighing everything as one piece, packaging and all, the weight recorded doesn't mesh with the full product amount, but for comparison with the weigh in at the end of the month. Lastly, I couldn't find the product amount in the tube of eyeliner, so that'll remain a mystery since it's discontinued.

Here are my skincare items:


  1. Boots Soltan Once Face Sunscreen SPF30 (review here). 
    • Full product amount: 50ml
    • Weight on October 1st: 41ml
    • Why this product? Because its terrible with my skin and I want to be rid of it. 

  2. Freederm Oil-Free Perfecting Moisturiser

    • Full product amount: 50ml
    • Weight on October 1st: 45ml (I'm really hoping a big chunk of this is packaging!)
    • Why this product? Because it's terrible with my skin and I want to be rid of it. Makes my skin too shiny for daytime wear, I slather it on at night for some heavy duty overnight moisturising.

  3. Boots Botanics Conditioning Body Lotion (white cream depotted into the jar with a silver lid)

    • Full product amount: 200ml
    • Weight on October 1st: 131ml
    • Why this product? Too heavily fragranced for my liking. This is the remaining residue after I cut open the original packaging (fucking LOADS left, always cut open squeezy tubes!)

  4. Boots Curl Creme 

    • Full product amount: 250ml
    • Weight on October 1st: 234ml
    • Why this product? Too heavy for my hair, has a tendency to be crunchy. I want to finish it up so I can repurpose the tub and try my luck with the Boots curl mousse. A little goes a long way, so there's no chance in hell I can finish it in a month, so here's to hoping for a significant dent. 

  5. Avène Micellar Lotion (sample)

    • Full product amount: 25ml
    • Weight on October 1st: 28ml
    • Why this product? Samples are meant to be used! Am also trying it out for a review later on this month.
Here's the selected makeup items:



    1. Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer in Medium
      • Full Product Amount: 8.42g
      • Weight on October 1st: 40g
      • Why this product? I don't like it as my concealer. Step 2 creases on my undereyes, and the shades only seem to match my skin when the skies align. I want to use it up so I can get another concealer. 

    2. Maybelline Liner Express Eyeliner in Brown (discontinued)
      • Full Product Amount: n/a (can't find out anywhere)
      • Weight on October 1st: 8g
      • Why this product? I really, really like this one. The formula works amazingly well on my oily lids. However it should be thrown out six months after opening and I've had it for a year, so this is to try and get the most out of it until it really goes bad. No issues so far.

    3. Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 56 Light Bronze (2013 formulation)
      • Full Product Amount: 9g
      • Weight on October 1st: 40g
      • Why this product? It no longer matches my skin shade, but it's a lovely formula. Works well as a contour powder, so I want to get a dent in there. There's probably too much to finish it in a year, much less a month. 

    4. L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in 912 Sin For Peach
      • Full Product Amount: 2.5g
      • Weight on October 1st: 15g
      • Why this product?  Chunky shimmers, and I have far too many lip products in this shade. This one is going since it's old and I'm not particularly keen on the glossiness. Good colour though, very moisturising and easy to apply.I want to finish this.

    5. L'Oreal Paris Le Blush in 145 Rosewood (discontinued, reformulated as Tru Match Le Blush)
      • Full Product Amount: 5g
      • Weight on October 1st: 31g
      • Why this product?  Least pigmented blush ever! Nice colour, but I'm spending half my life swirling my brush on the top of the pot to get me some pigment. The top layer of powder also has a tendency to crust/cake together, probably from some oil residue on my makeup brush, so every once in awhile I have to scrape the top layer off. I'm aiming to hit pan on this one. 
Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment