Page Tabs

Friday 31 October 2014

Project 10 Pan: October RESULTS DAY!

    Project Pan has been a really informative exercise for me. Forcing myself to use these selected products everyday for the month made me really try to make things work for my skin, and I've found new ways of applying or using products. It's also been great for developing a good habit - great for maintaining a skincare routine that will pay off in the future!








If you'd like more info on the products I've picked (and photos), see the initial post here.

Skincare: 

Name: Soltan Once Face Suncream SPF30 (Boots)
Full Product Amount: 50ml
Weight at 01/10: 41ml
Weight at 31/10: 21ml
My experience: Used this nearly everyday this month, product is coming out sporadically now, so it will last only a few more uses.
Review: Good for lighter skin shades with dry skin. Greasy shiny mess with a white cast on me. Would not repurchase. (Full review here)

Name: Oil-Free Perfecting Moisturiser (Freederm)
Full Product Amount: 50ml
Weight at 01/10: 45ml
Weight at 31/10: 0ml - FINISHED!
My experience: Finishing it was a surprise, since the packaging is so heavy and there's no way of knowing how much product is left.
Review: Like the pump, hate everything else about this. I am Oily McShinyface with this. Would not repurchase. (Full review here)

Name: Conditioning Body Lotion (Boots Botanics)
Full Product Amount: 200ml
Weight at 01/10: 131ml
Weight at 31/10: 0ml - FINISHED!
My experience: The reason why it lasted so long is because I don't like it. Glad it's gone.
Review:Heavy and heavily fragranced. Cut open the squeezy tube, because there will be a lot of product left when you thought it's finished. Would not repurchase.

Name: Curl Creme (Boots)
Full Product Amount: 250ml
Weight at 01/10: 234ml
Weight at 31/10: 225ml
My experience: At this rate, this is going to last another 2 years.
Review: I get some great curls with this, but my hair is becomes easily tangled and the curls dont last more than 2-3 hours. A little goes a long way.

Name: Micellar Lotion (Avene)
Full Product Amount: 25ml
Weight at 01/10: 28ml
Weight at 31/10: 0ml - FINISHED!
Moisturising and takes off makeup easily, but micellar water/lotions aren't as convenient as they tout. Tastes horrid. (Full review here)

Makeup

Name: Kick Ass Concealer (Soap & Glory)
Full Product Amount: 8.42g
Weight at 01/10: 40g
Weight at 31/10: 40g
My experience: I used this nearly everyday, and there's only a tiddly little dip in it. The weight is mostly packaging, but since so little is used every time, this concealer is going to last a long time.
Review: This is better applied with fingers/if you warm up the product at first. Creases under my eyes, and has a tendency to apply cakily on my skin/not adhere very well. My skin also randomly changes, and every few weeks or so the concealer will come out ashy. Contemplating binning it. Would not repurchase.

Name: Liner Express Eyeliner (Maybelline)
Full Product Amount: n/a
Weight at 01/10: 8g
Weight at 31/10: 8g
My experience:  I used this nearly everyday! No weight change?! 
Review:I really like this, but can't get a really good crisp point with the sponge tip applicator. Formula is great and long lasting even without primer on my oily skin. Either way it's been discontinued, but I'll be looking out for a liquid eyeliner after I finish my gels. Could not repurchase.

Name: Healthy Balance Unifying Powder (Bourjois)
Full Product Amount: 9g
Weight at 01/10: 40g
Weight at 31/10: 40g
My experience:  Used nearly everyday, and will continue using this product for contour.
Review: Lovely powder, but will look cakey if you apply with a heavy hand. Nice, compact and portable with great oil controlling/matifying properties. Would repurchase.


Name: Glam Shine Balmy Gloss (L'Oreal Paris)
Full Product Amount: 2.5g
Weight at 01/10: 15g
Weight at 31/10: 14g
My experience: This got a lot of use since it's moisturising and so easy to apply. I think another month of constant use is needed to finish it up.
Review: The chunky glitters get a little much at times, but a lovely sheer pinkish colour with purple undertones that still work well with my skin (olive/warm undertones). Would not repurchase.

Name: Le Blush (L'Oreal Paris)
Full Product Amount: 5g
Weight at 01/10: 31g
Weight at 31/10: 31g
My experience: Used nearly everyday, and will continue until I finish it. 
Review:Lovely colour that lasts a good few hours, but packaging is a little odd, the brush included sheds like mad and the powder isn't very pigmented. Also has a tendency for the surface layer to harden up, probably from oil. You lose product from scraping off that layer. It's still going to last forever though, because you get five grams of product. Reformulated, so could (and would) not repurchase.


RESULTS: 3/10 achieved.

 Learn from my experience: Top Tips For Your Project Pan
  • Pick a mix of products with different amounts remaining to stay motivated for the month. Add a few samples you always mean to try in there.
  • Avoid picking products with no chance of finishing in a month because a little goes a long way - it can be very discouraging to have set too high a goal and not even see progress!
  • Search your products on the internet, you might find alternative ways to apply, or even different ways you can use it. 
  • Keep track of your progress - make a mark every week, weigh them, measure the length of that concealer stick, you'll be more motivated when you can properly appreciate your efforts.
  • Take photos!
Good luck, and see you for Project Pan: November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment