Page Tabs

Monday 20 October 2014

REVIEW: Avène Micellar Lotion and Hydrance Optimale UV Light SPF 20 Protective Hydrating Cream


Two mini reviews for two mini products sent for free. If you create an account and do the Avène Skin Diagnosis test (here), you get a personalised recommendation of a suggested skincare routine with their products. In addition, you get samples of the recommended products sent to your address.

My results (dehydrated oily skin) showed a recommended 4-step routine consisting of:


  1.  (Cleanser) Micellar Lotion
  1. (Toner) Thermal Water Spray
  1. (Day Moisturiser) Hydrance Optimale UV Light SPF 20 Protective Hydrating Cream
  1. (Overnight Moisturiser) Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream
I was sent samples of the Micellar Lotion, and the Hydrance Optimal UV cream.

Full reviews after the jump!







 Avène Micellar Lotion (25ml)

Ingredients List: Avène Thermal Spring Water (Avène Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (parfum), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride.

Review: I should be the best person for micellar water products - I live in an area with hard water, and my skin is oily and easily dehydrated. However I hate no-rinse formulas because they leave a film on your face, and that film tastes disgusting. If it gets in your mouth/on your lips, someone kisses you, everyone will have a bad time. So when I tried out the sample, I rinsed it out after, which defeats the purpose of a no-rinse formula. 

What is good, is that as opposed to micellar water, the lotion is a bit more moisturising and gentler than another micellar water I've tried. With makeup, it takes two damp cotton pads to remove everything at the end of the day, and what I don't like is how fiddly removing eye makeup with damp cotton rounds are. I've lost lashes for this review! I very much prefer my method of massaging my skin with baby oil before cleansing to remove makeup and sunscreen (also known as the oil cleansing method/double cleansing). 

 Verdict: Great product for people in the market for micellar waters. Would not purchase for myself as I prefer my current method of using baby oil for makeup removal.



Avène Hydrance Optimale UV Light SPF 20 Protective Hydrating Cream (5ml)

Ingredients List: Avène Thermal Spring Water (Avène Aqua), Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, octocrylene, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenolmethoxyphenyl triazine, cyclomethicone, aluminium starch octenylsuccinate, polymethyl methacrylate, potassium crtyl phosphate, benzoic acid, beta-sitosterol BHT, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carbomer, chlorphenesin,disodium EDTA, fragrance (parfum), glycerin, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract (glycine soja seed extract), hydrogenated coco-glycerides, lecithin, PEG-32, PEG-400, phenoxyethanol poloxamer 188, sodium chondroitin sulfate, sodium hydroxide, tocopheryl glucoside, xantham gum. 



L: Out the tube R: rubbed in. Dries matte.
Review: This moisturiser is fucking fantastic with my skin. Sinks in beautifully, and has a slight mattifying effect. It's just fantastic that it's SPF20 (looking from the ingredients list, it looks like it's a chemical sunscreen), and I'm most excited for this as I'm looking for a daytime moisturiser that can also act as my sunscreen. There is no visible white cast on my skin at the recommended amount for effective sunscreen. However, I absolutely need to know the UVA protection, and there is no information on the packaging or online on that. Cannot purchase for that reason, which is a damn shame.


Verdict: Fantastic moisturiser for oily skin at a decent amount of SPF. However, lack of information on UVA protection is diappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment