Page Tabs

Wednesday 15 October 2014

REVIEW: GOSH Eye Brow Kit Multi


Name: Brow Kit Multi by GOSH

Price: £8.49 bought instore at Superdrug.

Quick Review: Good cool toned dark grey, brown and taupe brow powders. Long lasting and great for filling in eyebrows, but seem to have issues covering empty gaps. Transparent wax not strong enough for my stick straight eyebrow hairs, and if applied too much gives an undesirable "wet" look to the eyebrows.

Ingredients List: 

    powder: CI 77019\L\/Lica,Dimethicone,CI 77499\Lron Oxides,CI 77491\Iron Oxides,CI 77742\I\/IAnganese Violet,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Ethyihexyl Palmitate,Lsostearyl Isostearate,Magnesium Stearate,Nylon-12,Polybutene,Polymethyl Methacrylate,CI 77492\IRon Oxides,Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-Z. ,Phenoxyethanol,Aloe Barbadensìs Leaf Extract,Caprylyl Glycol.


    Wax: Diisosteraryl Malate, Polybutene,Hydrogenated Polyisobutene,Hydroxystearic Acid,Talc, Cera Microcristallina\Microcrystalline Wax\Cire Microcristalline, Cera Alba\Beeswax\Cira D'Abeille,Tocopheryl Acetate

Weight: 2.82g for the powders and 5g for the wax.

Full review and swatches after the jump



Full Review Notes:


Lisa Eldridge featured this brow kit in several tutorials, and being the suggestible person I am, I went and got it on the strength of her videos. The kit comes with three cool toned colours; light (taupe), medium (brown) and dark (sheer black) and you get a little pan of transparent brow wax.

I purchased this for the dark brow colour, it's very difficult to find a dark cool toned brow powder on the high street without going mid-end, so this is a welcome change. 

The indentation in the middle used to contain an incl

The brow kit is packaged in a circular black compact with a magnified mirror inside. At purchase, you also get a little paper insert with instructions (not pictured) and a dual-ended teeeny brush (also not pictured), one end is a sponge applicator and the other is an angled brow brush. It's not very good, and the tiny size of it means that you can't really get a lot of control when using the brush. I use a Real Techniques brow brush from their Essential Eyes set, and that works really well for ease and a natural finish.

The packaging is weirdly bulky - I suppose they wanted it to fit comfortably in your hand more than it being space saving. There is a lot of space between the pans, and a thick border around the mirror. The compact can definitely be smaller, and due to the space in between, the product looks smaller as well. On the other hand, it is quite ergonomic to hold in your palm. So function trumps over aesthetics this time. It's sturdy and a matte black colour that leans more plain than sophisticated when you take off the labels.

L-R: Wax (the sheen), Light, Medium, Dark. One swipe swatches.
For my dark hair and medium skin tone, the darkest powder suits me best. The powder isn't too pigmented but is pretty buildable, so you have a lot of room to work on filling in your eyebrows and still keep it natural looking. What I found is that while the powder works really well to fill in eyebrow hairs, it doesn't adhere as well when the hairs are sparse or nonexistent - I've had to go over gaps in my eyebrows with a brow pencil to fill in the gaps. So the powder is great for filling in eyebrows, but will probably fall down on sparse brows.

The wax is transparent, and they are adequate. It's no match to keep my stick straight hairs in line, and applying anymore just gives my eyebrows a "wet" look and streaks the powder. The wax I find is best applied after powder, because they have a tendency to move the powder around and create streaks if I apply wax before powder. The best thing about the wax is that when I comb it through my brows, they help the colour stay on all day.

Lastly, some reviews complained that you end up with 2 pans of unused product. The pan is actually really good value for me because I find that I can use the colours as matte eyeshadow. On the go, the kit works to make neutral and smokey eye looks. On my oily lids, the colours do crease a little but I get no problems when used with a primer. And they actually are decent matte browns to work with! It's great to automatically have this option when travelling with just one little compact. However, I'm hesitant to advise using the unused colours as eyeshadow since I don't know whether they can be used on the eye, but I have used it on my lids with no irritation or problems, and GOSH doesn't want to reply to my email asking if it's safe to do so. Use with caution.

Verdict: Great little brow kit that is budget friendly for cool toned brow powders. Would probably not suit people with very sparse eyebrows, or people looking for a heavy duty wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment